Santa Teresa Athletic Boosters Club Grant Process 2016-2017
Booster Club grants give support to both specific teams and general athletics. The grant budget will be determined at the beginning of each school year.
Team Grant Process
- Only one approved grant request form is allowed per school year per sport.
- The Athletic Directors work with the coaches to set the basic operating budget, including monies for each sport.
- If a team needs to spend money, the head coach and the AD discuss whether funds are available from the Athletic Department budget for that sport.
- Expenditures that cannot be covered by the Athletic Department are typically covered by team fund raising.
- If the Athletic Department budget or fundraising efforts cannot cover all the expenses, the team is encouraged to bring the request to the Boosters through its Team Liaison.
- Mandatory obligations to be considered for a grant is listed below:
- Submit a fully completed Grant Request Application in its entirety (found on our STABC website) by the stipulated due date.
- Include endorsement from both the Coach and the Athletic Director.
- Have a current budget on file with STABC.
- Team representation and participation in at least one Boosters fundraising events.
- Mandatory attendance by one Coach and parent from each sport attend every general meeting. Maximum of 2 meetings may be missed.
- Mandatory $100 minimum value Raffle baskets are to be donated per team for the main fundraiser: Crab Feed (January).
- This is to be discussed with the coach and approved by the board prior to a grant being approved. If a grant is approved and the team has NOT provided a basket for past events by this time, a basket or gift card of the same value MUST be turned in to the board for the nearest event coming up. Dates for it to be handed in will be discussed at the next general meeting following the grant approval and submitted in the minutes and put on the website for coaches / team liaisons to read.
- Grant approvals will be prioritized by need, recent grant history and number of affected athletes.
Grant Calendar for All Sports starting new school year
All grant requests due to the board:
- Season 1 (Sept) - Deadline; Oct. 1
- Season 2 (Nov) - Deadline; Dec. 1
- Season 3 (Mar) - Deadline ; April 1
Please send application to the Athletic Directors prior to the due date at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for them to look over before forwarding to the Board.
Grant Approval and Payment
- Grant requests will be considered for final approval by the Executive Board.
- STABC will send an email announcement to the coach and AD.
- STABC is unable to make payments to a coach. All checks will be issued directly to a vendor after receiving the proper paperwork such as a PO or an invoice.
- Monies will be disbursed at the team’s start of the season (or if in case of urgency please, contact STABC immediately).
- The team receiving the grant has a one (1) year period from the approval date to use the money and if not, you may apply for a one (1) year extension which must be approved by the board. If monies are not used by that time it reverts back into the booster account.